Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron

I found this book when I was lurking around the NA Alley blog.  I have to say my new favorite books are New Adult.  My Favorite Mistake falls into this catagory.  Along the lines of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, this book follows the girl hates boy, boy challenges girl, girl falls for boy pattern.  Although that is greatly simplifying the plot and it works very well in this book.  Taylor, the MC, has a past that has made her leary of men.  Hunter the protagonist also has a past and isn't willing to open up, using a quick wit and smart ass attitude to deflect any questions.  When Taylor and her room mates are one room mate shy in their campus houseing, Hunter gets assigned.  To make matters worse they are going to have to share a bedroom.  Taylor's past rears its' head through violent outbursts and after barely an hour together she welcomes Hunter with a left hook and a knee to the balls. Watching these two grow in their relationship and discover they each have a past that has made them vulnerable and in need of love, is intensly fun and Hunter grabbed my heart. I have to commend the author for her writing. I loved the quick banter between the characters as Hunter chips at Taylor's walls and Taylor never backs down, shooting his crap right back.  A sucker for good dialogue...I couldn't put the book down.  The story line is quick and adds twists and turns to a well used pattern in romance.  I highly recommend this title. 

No comments:

Post a Comment